If you want all the flavor of a creamy egg salad, but your a little concerned with all the extra calories due to mayo, fear no more. Egg salad can be super healthy with just a few tricks up your sleeve. What makes it southern you ask? A little kick of creole seasoning of course.
Make sure to check out Crawfish & Crunches Pinterest for more recipes.
Tag Crawfish & Crunches on Instagram in your creations.
For about 4 servings:
- 6-7 hard boiled eggs, peeled (easier to chop when warm)
- 1/3 Cup fat free greek plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon relish
- cracked black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon creole or cajun seasoning for topping – or to taste
- optional garnish: extra creole/cajun seasoning, dash of hot sauce, green onion
1) In large mixing bowl, place all ingredients and start to slice eggs with two knives. Once they are cut up, start to mash with fork and mix all ingredients together using spatula.
2) Serve chilled with extra creole seasoning or hot sauce to taste.
About the Blogger:
Shannon Gagnon is the recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer behind Crawfish & Crunches. She is known for turning delicious southern staples into slightly healthier versions that can be enjoyed all week long. On her blog you can find just what the tagline says, “Realistic recipes, rich southern culture, and health conscious habits.”
For inquiries about positioning your brand in front of Shannon’s followers click here.
For information on Shannon’s social media management business, click here.