When it comes to Mardi Gras recipes, this salsa is a bit unexpected! Why not make a healthy Mardi Gras recipe that uses all of those gorgeous Carnival colors? This dish is a great appetizer for bringing to parties and hosting friends. I actually made it on a Sunday and put it in our lunches for the week.
Make sure to Pin more healthy southern recipes on Crawfish & Crunches Pinterest.
Share the photo on @Crawfish.n.crunches on Instagram.
Subscribe to the blog on the right hand sidebar! Receive updates to your inbox.
For 4-6 servings of salad you will need:
- 1 can corn, rinsed, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 tablespoons red onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- Juice of one lime
- 1/3 Cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon mild creole or cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
Serving suggestion: Tortilla chips, on top of a salad, over a chicken breast or fish, over scrambled eggs or omelet.
- Mix all ingredients together. Toss carefully – don’t mash the avocado.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve chilled.
About the Blogger:
Shannon Gagnon is the healthy recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer behind Crawfish & Crunches. She often shares health tips and southern recipes that she turns slightly healthier. On her blog you can find just what the tagline says, “Realistic recipes, rich southern culture, and health conscious habits.”
For inquiries about positioning your brand in front of Shannon’s followers click here.
For the long version about how the site was born, read more.
For information on Shannon’s social media management business, click here.