A muffaletta is a cheesy meaty sandwich with an olive salad spread served on Italian sesame bread. They are delicious, and usually ginormous. If you can’t get your hands on some canned olive salad, you could make your own, try my recipe below and you will have a healthy spin on traditional New Orleans cuisine.
Make sure to Pin more healthy southern recipes on Crawfish & Crunches Pinterest.
Share the photo on @Crawfish.n.crunches on Instagram.
Subscribe to the blog on the right hand sidebar! Receive updates to your inbox.
For 4 servings of salad you will need:
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup banana peppers – diced
- 1 cup turkey pepperoni – diced
- 1 cup cubed low sodium ham – diced
- 1/4 cup pimento green olives – diced
- 1/4 cup black olives – diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, patted dry, diced
- 1/2 cup low fat provolone cheese, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – halved
- 4-5 tablespoons light Olive Garden Italian dressing
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients including your banana peppers, pepperoni, ham, olives, red peppers, provolone, and tomatoes.
2. Top your bed of romaine with all of those ingredients, top with salt, pepper, and your dressing, toss, voila!
About the Blogger:
Shannon Gagnon is the healthy recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer behind Crawfish & Crunches. She often shares health tips and southern recipes that she turns slightly healthier. On her blog you can find just what the tagline says, “Realistic recipes, rich southern culture, and health conscious habits.”
For inquiries about positioning your brand in front of Shannon’s followers click here.
For the long version about how the site was born, read more.
For information on Shannon’s social media management business, click here.